Thursday, August 02, 2007

"P" is for Procrastination

I know I put things off. Most of the time it is not deliberate. Okay...it is deliberate. But, sometimes I'm just busy. Since last Friday, I have prepped materials and supplies for yesterday's Senior Wednesday Program - "Edible Wetlands." The Interns dug the cattails last Friday, I soaked the roots all weekend, peeled the tubers on Monday, ground and dehydrated the tubers all day Monday (my day off) and cooked late into the night Tuesday night. I finally finished my PowerPoint on Wednesday at 10 am.

The program went off without a hitch - it was great. Then I came to the realization that I had a whole NEW program the next day (at 1 pm) about mussels. Luckily it will be with kiddos. I was naive enough to think that maybe these kids would be able to carve their own shell button or something. Last night (when trying the idea out), I realized that shells are crazy-hard. Plan B - scrimshaw. We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: