Friday, August 31, 2007

Knitterly updates

My knitting is slowing down now that homework is ramping up. Also around the corner is the rush of school field trips at the WATER Center once Labor Day is over. I do have one project 50% complete - an RPM sock using J. Knits "Kansas" colorway and Lang Yarns' Jawoll superwash for the cuff, toe and heel. You can purchase these awsome yarns at Wichita's newest yarn shop, Twist.

Personally, I am unhappy with the way the gusset connects with the foot so I think I'll stray from the pattern a little on the next foot. I dislike the row of purls that it called for between the ktog/ssk and the main body of the foot.






I still have a ton of "Kansas" left...even with one sock to go... and am toying with Eunny Jang's entrelac pattern for my next project with this colorway (along with some solid colors of Jawoll).


Also...exciting news. My friend Jess dropped of our tickets for the Yarn Harlot! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the sock looks lovely. Much too lovely to be called Kansas! But, I am in Alaska right now and my viewpoint might be a bit skewed!

Molly said...

Those entrelac socks are intriguing... i too have never been keen on entrelac, but i'd love to see the outcome if you try those! I need to knit my first regular sock, though. The Kansas socks are adorable! How cute that we have our own colorway! And I will not speak of the Harlot talk, which appears to be in my very own high school. Grr.

Molly said...

PS now I'm out of school, I get to knit when you can't. nyah nyah! hehehe.