Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to School

I think my knitting is going to suffer for the next nine months. Darn education.

School starts up again tonight and the courses I'm enrolled for look to keep me busy. As it stands, I am nine hours into my Masters in Resource Interpretation from Stephen F. Austin State University. This is an on-line only program that was developed for the National Park Service Park Rangers. Since the National Parks are spread out all over the States, it is logical to have classes in a virtual classroom.

This semester I'm taking two courses again (in the Spring I can only handle one....work is too hectic during those months). Curriculum Based Interpretation should be familiar enough - I have been customizing my programs to school standards for a number of years. However, Interpretive Planning will be a huge jump for me. This is a concept that I have been struggling with while trying to operate the WATER Center's education program.

Nine hours down, enrolled in six, fifteen and a thesis to go. I'm thinking 2010. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Lara said...

You'll get there. Hey, 2010 is going to come no matter what, so may as well get a Masters in the meantime, right?