Monday, August 06, 2007

Room Ready

Although I do not feel ready to have a child...I guess the room is. Over the past couple of months, i sold some of my backpacking gear on eBay to fund our new hobby - parenting. We moved the guest bed out on to the landing and moved the hide-a-bed into the guest room. It means that the guest area is less than private but I have already gotten used to the bed being at the top of the stairs. It does provide guest with access to the TV, though.

I refused to repaint the walls so I had to rip out the wallpaper that I LOVED to put up something less Victorian and more kid-friendly. We are borrowing the bed from Lecia and were given the changing table by her friend Angie. I think we have everything but a car seat, diapers and formula. I figure it is best to see what age we get before buying that stuff. The other side of the room (not shown in the picture) is where the couch is. Above the couch are two big Ikea Lova Leaves - so cool!

Our temporary license came in the mail on Friday - so I guess we are official. Hopefully our Foster Care Worker will call us soon so that we can meet her and start learning the process.

Guess I better start knitting kid stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and happy for you!!

Knit and Fit said...

You will be a great parent!!