Sunday, April 27, 2008

Building walls

The insulation is all in and we have sheetrock on the north and south wall. Now for the mudding. And sanding. And mudding. And sanding. Etc.


I have a couple of coats of mud on the south wall...in places. I'll need at least another coat on those spots and quite a few on all the wonky corners in the room. Hopefully I don't goober up the walls too bad. There are only a couple of spots in the previous remodel where I wish I had given the walls one more coat. Also, I'm not too concerned about how smooth I get the ceiling. We are going to hang textured wallpaper on the horizontal portion of the ceiling. The wallpaper looks like old tin ceiling tiles.


Why do I bother asking him to smile for a picture????


I have the first coat of mud up on the north wall. It is nice to get the old , original wall covered back up and stop the influx of blown insulation from wafting in from the attic.


I would have loved to have gotten all the sheet-rocking done this weekend, but it didn't play out. We'll see how much we can piece in during the work week.

4 comments:

Princessliak said...

It is looking like a real room!

Jessica Mounts said...

You guys are awesome! I can't belive how much you've gotten done since I saw it last!

Jamie said...

You two are going to get the sweetest xmas prezzies. Let it be noted. :-)

Darrell said...

Lookin' great! Of course, you mean jib-stopping.