Monday, January 23, 2006

Demolition, Week 2

We have all but one wall stripped down to the studs. The west wall was by far, the worst. Behind the lathe was blown-in cellulose insulation. It took us two trips to the dump to get all the insulation, lathe, and wall board out of the house. By that point we were to pooped to tear into the remaining east wall.

We have been making a "wish list" for all the things that we (I) would like to include in the office when it is complete.......things like carpet, lighting, desk, etc. However, unless I'm getting a 100% return on my federal taxes, we (I) will need to make our list a little shorter.

West wall before:West wall showing lathe exposed (notice all the dust in the air):

Blown-in insulation exposed:Hard at work:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that lighted moose in the XMas pictures! Oh, my dad and I insulated 2 attics with that stuff. It is really fun to blow in, but we both talked about how it would be a pain in the butt to get out of there. I feel for you!!

Laurie said...

What a project. I use to be young and full of piss and vinegar for that stuff.
Now I just write a check. Its the been, there done, that don't want to do it again, thingy!!
Do you still have extra yarn left over from that Church? St. Francis is making lap blankets for a care home. A cousin is in charge and could use whatever yarn you don't need. Mostly they want 4 ply worsted. They are wanting to give their finished projects away in March.