Friday, March 07, 2008

Celtic Braid Sock


IMG_2692
Originally uploaded by WATERCenter
I mistakenly knit the Cobblestone Pullover sweater for my hubby last holiday. Duh. He only wears t-shirts and is always hot. Sweet man though - he refuses to let me pass it on to anyone else because it is "special."

So, in an effort to force more hand-knits on the man, I am making him socks. One down, one to go. This is the "Celtic Braid Socks" pattern designed by Lynda Gemmell. I am knitting it in Sisu superwash merino yarn in a dark olive color. Both the pattern and the yarn were purchased at Twist.

He better wear 'em!

3 comments:

Princessliak said...

Very pretty, but in a manly sort of way.

Jessica Mounts said...

Ahhhh! i love it. I'm thinking about tackling the Jacobean pattern for Jeff...

Lara said...

Great sock!

I knitted the Cobblestone pullover for my hubby, too. He wears it much more than I expected.

I've been thinking of you. Hope everything is going splendidly in your life.