Thursday, June 12, 2008

Convalescing

A week ago today I had surgery on my back. It was a long time coming and I am already so happy that I had it done. A monster ruptured disk had been running my life for the last nine months.

(it should be pretty obvious in the picture what is NOT supposed to be there)




I do have to say that being at home for a week now has opened my eyes to a few things:

1. Daytime TV is horrible
2. I can improve my sewing techniques by watching PBS
3. The baby should learn to take longer naps
4. One doesn't really need a shower everyday if one doesn't get up off the couch all day
5. I miss the office in my own sick way


Anywho...I plan to get back to work next week...but I promise to take it easy (to everyone who has been nagging me).

5 comments:

Princessliak said...

Ouch! That is a scary picture.

Crazy Bat Lady said...

That picture looks like you shouldn't have been able to even move! Hope your recovery is quick. :)

Jamie said...

holy shit!! how are you still alive!? jesus christ, that's f***ing disturbing . . . and hugs and kisses!! :-)

Lara said...

Oh my! I hope you're healing well. I agree with the "take it easy" camp.

Jessica Mounts said...

Holy crap, no wonder you couldn't walk. I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I'll only tell you twelve more times to take care of yourself! :)