Thursday, March 02, 2006

Phase 3 Complete

Last weekened we had a "Sheetrocking Party." I was so impressed at how many of our friends (sporting their toolbelts) showed up to hang sheetrock in the new office. The room now has walls again and the long process of mudding (Phase 4) can begin.

As of today, we have the first coat of mud on most of the seams. I wish my mom, the "Queen Mudder," was here! I have to continually go over my seams and sand them and they still look like something a 1st grader would do. I thought I had gotten the closet to an okay state, but after putting paint on it.....oh, lord. Lets just say that its a good thing its a closet. Mom is amazing though...a veritible Michaelangelo of Mud.

Anywho, we are continuing to mud along and taking breaks to strip the original woodwork, hang lighting in the closet, stain new trim boards, and paint completed walls.

I'll get some pics up in the next post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you really did post on your blog and you weren't just kidding around with us!

Anonymous said...

This is the Queen Mudder--I'm looking forward to seeing the pics! And I'm sure you did a fine job--a closet is a great place to start learning! It's amazing what that coat of paint reveals--you think you've done a grand job and then . . . yuck! Secret to mudding? More coats and spread out wide. When you see how the pros do it, they leave only a little bit of the original sheetrock showing--virtually, a wall o' mud. And they rarely sand it--it's all done in the troweling. Takes years to get the hang of it. And I'm really not all that good--but it's nice to hear that you think so! And once you do get the paint on and the pictures hung . . . well, like Grandpa Love used to say about the planes he worked on: "at 30,000 feet, you'll never see it." Hang in there--it's going to be gorgeous when you're finished. Love, Mudder.